Sunday, May 4, 2008

Blueberry Oatmeal Pancakes

Awesome Oatmeal Pancakes are light, nutritious and delicious! These yummy pancakes are made in two easy steps. Last night, I prepared Step 1 in the process of making the AWESOME OATMEAL PANCAKES for our breakfast this morning. After completing Step 2 this morning, I poured the batter onto my griddle and added a few BLUEBERRIES on the top of each pancake. What a scrumptious addition! Served with a little maple syrup this is a wonderful breakfast.

I am continuing my quest to lower my cholesterol level even more and still eat a breakfast containing oats every other day, because it has worked for me. Rather than use whole eggs in this recipe, I also substituted Egg Whites. So … I used 4 Egg Whites, remembering that 1 Whole Egg equals 2 Egg Whites.

We did have extra pancakes - After the leftover pancakes cooled, each pancake was placed in a “sandwich bag” and then they were placed in a gallon sized “Ziploc Freezer Bag”. Our freezer contains another delicious breakfast of BLUEBERRY OATMEAL PANCAKES!





No comments: