Well, that thought was yesterday, so today 24 muffins are now cooling on my kitchen counter. I always believe that if I am using the mixing bowls, a double batch is just as easy to bake as one batch is. And, with a double batch many can be placed in the freezer to enjoy later. I always double the recipe. :)
Many years ago the recipe (click here for card) below was printed on the All Bran Cereal box. I have changed it a bit. Now, I use Soy Milk, Egg Whites and Olive Oil. I also line my muffin tins with the paper liners.
Plain simple Bran Muffins are so good. Add the Raisins to make a good muffin great!
Time: About 25 Minutes
Yield: 12 Muffins
1 and ½ Cups Kellogg’s All Bran Cereal
1 and ¼ Cups Milk (Can use Soy Milk)
1 and ¼ Cups Flour
3 tsp. Baking Powder
½ tsp. Salt
½ Cup Sugar
2 Egg Whites
1/3 Cup Olive Oil (for Sauteing & Baking)
¼ Cup Raisins
1. In a bowl combine All Bran Cereal and Milk and stir. Let
stand 2 minutes.
2. In another bowl combine dry ingredients and stir.
3. Beat Egg Whites with a fork.
4. Combine Egg Whites and Olive Oil with Cereal/Milk
mixture and stir well.
5. Add dry ingredients and raisins. Stir only until combined.
6. Portion batter into 12 muffin cups.
7. Bake at 400°F about 25 minutes or until muffins are golden