|Cut & cleaned!|
I am not convinced that my sons have developed a taste for this delicious spring treat, yet. It never comes up in conversation. When they are "back home" I haven't surprised them with a test of their current culinary tastes with this particular veggie. However, I do know that fresh Spinach in a salad has now made their yummy healthy list!
Asparagus is definitely a wonderful vegetable to enjoy when in season!
- Cut about 1 and 1/2" off end of stalks (discolored part) and toss.
- Cut each stalk in half.
- Double rinse in cold water.
- Separate into two groups - tips and without tips.
- Add only ends without tips to boiling water in container.
- Cook 6 minutes at a medium boil.
- Add tip ends to boiling water.
- Continue cooking Asparagus for 5 minutes at medium boil.
- Using a large fork remove Asparagus from water and place on serving dish.
- Place small amount of butter/margarine on top of hot veggie.