This fragrant light dessert did bring back the recent memory of dining at Poogan's Porch in Charleston, SC. It was a wonderful dining experience tasting the delicious Lowcountry cuisine at this quaint restaurant! Our entrees were scrumptious and we were also tempted to sample a mouth watering southern dessert. While savouring the aroma and then tasting the light, appealing, scrumptious dessert that contained sliced peaches and a very light cake, I knew that I would try to duplicate it after I returned home. It was good!
I sure did this past weekend! The Big Y's Bakery does sell Angel Food Cakes. Del Monte sliced peaches in a light syrup were also purchased. Easy to prepare and soo tasty! The name of the Poogan's Porch dessert - I do not recall, so I am naming my light delicious dessert- Peachie Angel!
Peachie Angel inspired by Poogan's Porch, Charleston, SC
(1) Angel Food Cake, cut into serving slices
(1) 15 oz. can Sliced Peaches, in a light syrup
1/8 teaspoon Cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon Nutmeg
Reddi-wip or Whipped Cream
- Place sliced Peaches and syrup into medium bowl.
- Add Cinnamon + Nutmeg and stir to combine.
- Cover with foil and refrigerate 6 hours or overnight.
- Next day before serving cut cake into slices.
- Place spiced Peaches over cake slice and top with Reddi-wip.