|Sour Cream Christmas Sugar Cookies|
These cookies are oh so yummy & light because Sour Cream is an ingredient. It's the time of year with much to do & the "2 day steps" in making these cookies makes it ever so easy!
On Day 1 the dough is prepared & refrigerated. I wrap it in plastic wrap & also foil wrap before refrigerating. Day 2 is baking day! After baking & cooling, these yummy cookies can be packaged/ labelled/ placed in your freezer. Now, that's an extra plus! It's great to have delicious Christmas cookies just waiting in the freezer to share with your Christmas guests!
|What cookie cutter will be used next???|
|For the Welcome Bags!|
One day this week my kitchen will have the great aroma of Nutmeg as the pans with these cookies will be baking! Surprise your family & friends this year with the best tasting Sugar Cookie: Sour Cream Christmas Sugar Cookies! The recipe is below. Have FuN decorating!!!
Sour Cream Christmas Sugar Cookies
Yield: About 5 dozen, depending on size
4 Cups Flour
1 teaspoon Baking Powder
1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1/2 teaspoon Nutmeg
1 Cup unsalted Butter, softened
1 and 1/2 Cups Sugar
1/2 Cup Sour Cream (can be Fat Free)
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
Colored Sugars for Decorating
- In large bowl with electric mixer beat Butter and Sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add Egg, beat.
- Add in Baking Powder, Baking Soda, Salt and Nutmeg.
- While beating on Low, slowly add Flour, 1 Cup at a time.
- Add in Vanilla and Sour Cream. Beat on Medium until well combined. Dough will be stiff.
- Remove dough from bowl and place on plastic wrap, wrap dough.
- Place wrapped dough on aluminum foil and wrap well.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Unwrap dough and cut into four parts.
- On well floured surface, roll dough to 1/4" thickness. Use cookie cutters.
- Place cookies on pan/ sheet 1" apart. (Maybe 12 cookies to a sheet.)
- Sprinkle with colored sugars.
- Bake 10 - 11 Minutes. Bottom of cookies will be a light golden brown.
- Remove with spatula to wire cooling racks.
- When cool, store in airtight containers.
Put Sour Cream on your grocery list & bake a batch of these Sour Cream Christmas Sugar Cookies!!! Don't forget the sprinkles!!!