|Best Sour Cream Sugar Cookies!|
On Day 1- The dough is prepared. Then, it's refrigerated. I always wrap the mound of dough in plastic wrap. Then wrap it a second time- the second time in aluminum foil. Into the fridge it goes.
On Day 2- Find your holiday cookie cutters, colorful sprinkles, rolling pin & rolling mat. It's baking day!
|Rolling out the dough!|
Dough wrapped in plastic wrap, then aluminum foil.
Best Sour Cream Sugar Cookies
Yield: About 5 dozen, depending on size
4 Cups Flour
1 teaspoon Baking Powder
1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1/2 teaspoon Nutmeg
1 Cup unsalted Butter, softened
1 and 1/2 Cups Sugar
1/2 Cup Sour Cream (can be Light)
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
Colored Sugars for Decorating
- In large bowl with electric mixer beat Butter and Sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add Egg, beat.
- Add in Baking Powder, Baking Soda, Salt and Nutmeg.
- While beating on Low, slowly add Flour, 1 Cup at a time.
- Add in Vanilla and Sour Cream. Beat on Medium until well combined. Dough will be stiff.
- Remove dough from bowl and place on plastic wrap, wrap dough.
- Place wrapped dough on aluminum foil and wrap well.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Unwrap dough and cut into four parts.
- On well floured surface, roll dough to 1/4" thickness. Use cookie cutters.
- Place cookies on pan/ sheet 1" apart. (Maybe 12 cookies to a sheet.)
- Sprinkle with colored sugars.
- Bake 10 - 11 Minutes. Bottom of cookies will be a light golden brown.
- Remove with spatula to wire cooling racks.
- When cool, store in airtight containers.
Go to your grocery list & add Sour Cream & Butter to it! These are the best rolled out sugar cookies- ever!!!