|Raisin Rice Crispies Bars|
A few weeks ago we stayed overnight in Boston. In the hotel my hubby purchased one of the packaged goodies. While eating it he mentioned it was quite DRY. Well, it was commercially made & there was not a raisin to be seen inside the wrapped snack. At that moment I knew I needed to make a batch in the near future.
It was yesterday afternoon! No one is home on semester break from college, it was for US! Oh, yes, they are that good! There's something about adding 1 Cup of Raisins into the pot when you are stirring the melted Margarine/ Butter + Rice Krispies cereal. The Raisins give this treat that extra pizazz in taste & also moisture.
They are SO easy to make! Add a bag of Marshmallows to your grocery list along with the Rice Krispies cereal. Make a batch! Just remember not to get carried away & enjoy eating too many all at once. Save some for later in the week! :)
***A few Hints when making this snack:
- Remember the secret is to work quickly! The melted marshmallows + butter/ margarine & cereal will begin to stick together. You need to get it into the baking dish.
- After measuring ALL of the cereal, place a little Butter/ Margarine on the bottom of the measuring Cup & spread with a paper towel or waxed paper. Then it's much easier to press down lightly on the mixture (in the baking dish) with the bottom of the Cup. Nothing sticks together!
- I spray the 9" x 15" glass baking dish with PAM, so the bars will be removed easily after cutting.
Raisin Rice Crispies Bars
4 Tablespoons Butter/ Margarine
1 (10 ounce) package Marshmallows
5 and 1/2 Cups Rice Krispies cereal
1 Cup Raisins
- In a large pot (6 quart pot) melt 4 Tablespoons Margarine/ Butter over Low heat.
- Add in 1 bag (10 ounces) Marshmallows, stirring until completely melted.
- Turn off heat.
- Add in 3 Cups Rice Krispies cereal, stir.
- Add in 1 Cup Raisins, stir.
- Then, add 2 and 1/2 Cups more Rice Krispies cereal, stir.
- Place the mixture (will be sticky) into a 9" x 15" glass baking dish (sprayed with PAM). Press down lightly with the bottom of the measuring cup.
- Cover with plastic wrap & place in fridge for 1 hour.
- Cut into bars, place in covered container & store in fridge until serving.
Before enjoying one, place a Raisin Rice Crispies Bar on a plate & microwave 7- 9 seconds & you will have a softer bar.
This is one of our fave treats from long ago! It's all about the Raisins!