Saturday, September 2, 2017

Banana Cornmeal Pancakes

Banana Cornmeal Pancakes
(File Photo)

O.K., I admit it!  I wrote this post for me.  That's right.  Banana Cornmeal Pancakes are so easy to prepare- especially if you use a box of "Jiffy" Corn Muffin Mix.  That is one of the few "mixes" that I use when baking/ cooking.  It's probably totally comfort food for me.  Growing up my mom always used this mix for Cornmeal Muffins.  Now, I use this mix for pancakes that are banana flavored.

In the past the recipe for the Cornmeal Pancakes was printed on the box.  However, times have changed.  It's no longer visible- at all.  So, I always google to locate it.  I always seem to forget the amount of Milk needed.  For this reason I am writing this post!  For me & also for all of you who just may try it!

My Substitutions:
  • Soy Milk for the Milk  
  • 2 Egg Whites for 1 Whole Egg 
  • Olive Oil for sauteing & baking for melted shortening.

Banana Cornmeal Pancakes

Ingredients:
1 whole ripened Banana, mashed
2 Egg Whites, beaten
1/2 Soy Milk
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil for baking & sauteing
1 pk. Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix

Method:
  1. Combine mashed Banana & beaten Egg Whites.
  2. Add Soy Milk + Olive Oil.
  3. Combine with 1 pkg. Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix.  Stir well.
  4. Use about 1/2 cup batter for each pancake, more if desired.
  5. Place batter on hot griddle, turning over when brown.
This morning we enjoyed this pancakes.  When I prep them again, I will not need to google the amount of Milk! Woohoo!

The extra pancakes???  Oh, I always freeze them.  Place in a sandwich bag & then in a Ziploc Freezer Bag.  Label/ date & freeze.  They are so tasty on a busy morning- after heating in the microwave!

Enjoy
Yummy!

No comments: