Tuesday, February 12, 2019

A Typical Winter Day...

Just enjoying the scenery!
Well, not really!!  Sometimes we hear the owls at night, but we have never seen one.  That was until today!  Very early this morning I glanced out our kitchen window and saw a baby owl on our deck.  Now that was really cool!  And very exciting!!  When I carefully returned to the window with the camera, the owl was gone.

This afternoon it's been snowing.  I was watching the snowflakes float down.  While looking at the trees, suddenly an owl came into view!  This owl was larger and perched on a branch.  Every so often it would shake the snow off his head.

Look carefully...
It enjoyed its perch for quite a while.  Suddenly, it was gone and then returned again to the same spot.   

What a very cool day I will not forget!!
  
Enjoying Nature!

2 comments:

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Oh my goodness! How amazing! That is my dream to see an owl in the wild! WOW! And I love how you did your photo to show where it was. I showed my hubby...it's brilliant! Happy Valentine's day my friend!

JG said...

Lavender Dreamer- Thanks! Since Tuesday I've learned that this is a Barred Owl. I've googled to learn about types of owls and their sounds. Now I know that 2 different owls that we hear on a cold winter night are Barred Owls and Great Horned Owls. I've always wanted to see one in our yard and I saw 2! :)

~Judy