|Roasted and ready to enjoy!|
As time has moved on, I no longer boil the fresh stalks and serve with drizzled butter. That was how it was prepared before being placed on the dinner table- so many years ago. My "go to" method these days is roasting it. My Spice Rack comes in handy here!
The stalks are cut in half and combined with Olive Oil, Garlic Powder, Basil and Oregano before placing them on a cookie sheet. Roast 12- 13 minutes in a 425°F oven. It's that quick! It's so yummy!
|Ready for my oven!|
Oven Temperature: 425°F Time: 12- 13 Minutes
1 Bunch- about 1 Lb. fresh Asparagus
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil for baking & sauteing
2- 3 Shakes each of Garlic Powder, Basil and Oregano (dried)
- Cut off tough ends (about 1 and 1/2") and toss from bottom end of Asparagus stalks.
- Cut each stalk in half.
- Double rinse in cold water and drain.
- Toss Asparagus with Olive Oil, Garlic Powder, Basil and Oregano.
- Place each piece on foil lined cookie pan in a single layer.
- Roast in a preheated 425°F oven for 12- 13 Minutes.