Sunday, March 15, 2020

Best Ever Irish Soda Bread

 
Best Ever Irish Soda Bread
(File Photo)

St. Patrick's Day is soon!  It's the day when just about everyone is Irish!  Me??  Oh, I'm Irish by marriage.  For that reason, I just knew years ago that I needed to bake a really great tasting Irish Soda Bread.  The kind of Irish Soda Bread that tasted better than any that I had tasted. 

I did locate a great recipe!  Now, whenever I sample a slice of other breads, it's always, "Ah, no, not as good."  Sometimes, they are a bit too dry.  Other times there are not many raisins to enjoy.  That does make a big difference.  

In my quest for the "perfect" Irish Soda Bread, I googled.  At that time my search led me to Carol who also had a foodie blog.  The ingredients were few and the method was so easy.  In my haste one year I melted and cooled the unsalted Butter.  That error led to a much easier method of preparing the dough.  

The dough is very sticky.  It's also plump full of Raisins!  The Raisins are soaked in hot water, first, drained and then added to the other ingredients.

Ready to be baked!
(File Photo)

This year, rather than write out the recipe for Best Ever Irish Soda Bread, here is the link.  Yes, it is worth it to click on this link!  Last week I purchased the needed ingredients, because I knew I had to bake this yummy bread for this Tuesday.  I'll be baking it tomorrow!   

If you have any extra slices, they can be frozen to enjoy at another time.  I place each half slice in a sandwich bag and then place all of the sandwich bags into a freezer bag.  The needed amount can be defrosted. This also makes a great gift for other family members!  In this photo it's cut and sliced and ready to be enjoyed.

A great treat to share!
(File Photo)
If you do not have Buttermilk in your fridge, save this recipe to use after purchasing it in the coming weeks.  The other ingredients, too, if they are not in your pantry.  This is one very tasty Irish Soda Bread!!  Whenever I bake one I always think of Carol who introduced me to this delicious bread!

Enjoy!
Yummy!
     


                     and
               Happy St. Patrick's Day!!!

No comments: