Sunday, March 14, 2021

~Best Ever Irish Soda Bread~

Best Ever Irish Soda Bread
sliced and ready to eat!
St. Patrick's Day is this week!!  That means one thing to me and it's a BIG THING!!! It's time to bake and then enjoy Irish Soda Bread!!!  The delicious bread that's filled with raisins.  Buttermilk is an ingredient, so Buttermilk was on my grocery list this past week.  No way we will not have a big slice of Irish Soda Bread for breakfast on the 17th of March!!

It is such an easy bread to bake.  Yes, they are available to purchase in grocery stores and bakeries, but after you bake and then taste this Irish Soda Bread you will soon discover that this is the one for you, too.

I remember so many years ago when I was googling for a recipe.  A recipe that only used 1 Cup of Buttermilk, because that was all the buttermilk that I had in my fridge.  I found a blog "Charli and Me" written by Carol that had a very easy recipe posted.  Not only was it easy, but it originally was shared by an older Irish woman.  That was all I needed to know.  I baked the bread using that recipe and it has definitely become a family fave.

Friends that I have shared it with get back to me at this time of year happily sharing that they have baked it for March 17th, also!  Yes, it is that good!

I've posted the recipe here on my blog before and I'm sharing that post today.  It is worth that extra click to read and then use the recipe.

***For an extra treat, heat a slice in the microwave for a few seconds!  YUM!!! 

Enjoy!
Yummy!


 

   Happy St. Patrick's Day!!!

No comments: