Monday, July 7, 2008

Herbed Saucy Chicken

Sunday afternoon was humid following four days of cloudy, wet weather. Rather than use our outdoor grill for dinner, I decided to use a small kitchen appliance that I often use during the frigid cold snow filled winter months. The reliable Slow Cooker was taken out of my cabinet. My West Bend Slow Cooker is similar to a crock-pot. Its nonstick container sits on an electrical base and slowly cooks scrumptious meals as a fragrant aroma permeates throughout our home. Herbed Saucy Chicken was easy to prepare! After everything was placed in my slow cooker to cook, I worked on another project.

The preparation was simple! About one and one half pounds of boneless, skinless chicken breasts were rinsed with cold water, cut in half and then placed on the bottom of the slow cooker’s container. I sprinkled the desired amount of Oregano, Basil, Garlic Powder and Black Pepper on top. A little Chopped Onion and Parsley was added along with two Bay Leaves. One drained can of 14 ½ oz. Diced Tomatoes was placed on top of the Chicken. Then, one 24-ounce jar of Spaghetti Sauce was poured on the top. After the lid was placed on the Slow Cooker’s container I set the temperature on #5 High for 1 hour. After one hour, I reduced the setting to #3 for two and one half hours.

Dinner was taking care of itself. I use the slow cooker when I am working on other projects at home.



Later, this mouth-watering meal was served over “No Yolk Noodles”. A summer salad and Parmesan Toast complemented our meal. The chicken was very tender and so delicious! My husband rated our dinner two thumbs up! Yummy!

No comments: