Thursday, June 4, 2009

Add Carrots, too?


Oh, definitely! If you are using your Slow Cooker or Crock Pot to prepare Chicken Florentine a la Slow Cooker, add the Baby Carrots!

Yesterday was a day filled with activities and they would last until later in the evening. Dinner would be eaten quickly. Now, there was a toss up. A quick “take-out” meal could be ordered, purchased and enjoyed, OR earlier in the afternoon I could use my trusty reliable Slow Cooker to prepare a delicious, colorful, fragrant, nutritious dinner. Well, I opted for the second choice and we were very happy with the results.

In our fridge was a bag of Baby Carrots along with some remaining Chopped Broccoli from our dinner the previous night. With the exception of potatoes, all of the other ingredients for Chicken Florentine a la Slow Cooker were located in my kitchen.

So – by substituting the carrots for the potatoes, I learned that a meal that I prepare quite often in my Slow Cooker could taste even better. It tasted so good with the carrots!
Do you use a Slow Cooker or Crock Pot? It takes very little time for prep work and the meals are great!
Yummy!!!

No comments: