Friday, June 19, 2009

Haddock Plan B

One day last week, the Haddock fillets were ready to be placed on our grill. We would savour the taste of Grilled Haddock and veggies for dinner. However, my hubby came back inside to inform me that our grill was not working. Oh no! That required a Plan B … very quickly!

My large skillet was located. I heated about 2 TBS. of Olive Oil in the skillet over a Medium heat. The fillets of Haddock were quickly breaded in about 1 Cup of flavored dry Bread Crumbs. Then, the fillets were placed in the skillet. After sauteeing each side of the fish for about 5 Minutes, the Breaded Haddock was ready to be enjoyed.

Yummy! Ah, Breaded Haddock is very tender. Quick, easy and delicious! Today, the rain and showers continued here in the Pioneer Valley, so it was the perfect opportunity to use my large skillet for dinner, again.

During the winter months this will be my method of preparation for Haddock fillets when my grill cannot be used. Sometimes out of necessity a food is prepared differently and enjoyed even more.


Does your family enjoy eating Haddock? How do you prepare it?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want to learn to cook more fish. I am going to get some Haddock and try it. Thanks

Karin W. said...

Haddock is on the critical list here. It is not commonly found in our fish shops. In Sweden, there are other alternatives to this endangered fish but some of the alternatives are really bad. Farm raised pangasius for instance. I can't bring myself to eat it.

JG said...

Charli and me - Cooking fish is really easy. If you grill it, a grill basket is handy, because the cooked fish can break apart. Breaded Haddock also takes very little time to prepare and it is cooked on the stove. Hope you enjoy it!

Karin - I didn't know that Haddock is not a staple in Sweden. We eat it often in MA. I purchase "wild" fish rather than farm raised. It was interesting to learn about another fish!