August has arrived and we have had two or three typical days of summers past! Not every day, but they do pop up here in the Pioneer Valley with the heat and the humidity. If you are having a gathering and have invited guests of all ages, include a punch bowl filled with Sherbet Punch (click here). On a hot, humid, sunny day a cup of this quenching beverage hits the spot!
Sherbet Punch has 2 ingredients:
(3- 4) 1 Quart containers of Sherbet (choose one flavor)
Orange, Raspberry and Lime are tasty. My family likes Orange.
(5 – 6) Bottles of Diet 7-Up Soda (refrigerated)
The directions are easy:
1. In a large punch bowl place 1 Quart of Sherbet.
2. Pour (2) bottles of chilled Diet 7-Up in the punch bowl, pouring some over sherbet.
3. Stir a little to mix ingredients.
4. The result - a frothy top and softened sherbet. Mmmm!
5. Ladle into cups, adding some of the softened sherbet.
6. Replenish the Diet 7-Up and sherbet, as needed.
Sherbet Punch is so easy to make and it tastes so good!