Sunday, October 25, 2009

Add Plumped Craisins & Raisins!

Autumn in New England! What a great season! Apples and apple cider taste so good. The crisp mornings are preparing us for the chillier weather that is in our future! Usually when the mornings are a bit cool in October I think of creamy Oatmeal for breakfast. The recipe on the canister of Old Fashioned Quaker Oats is the favorite. Using Old Fashioned Oats, Cinnamon, a dash of Nutmeg, Soy Milk, Brown Sugar, and a few Plumped Craisins and/or Raisins, a hearty bowl of warm, steaming, creamy and delicious cereal hits the spot in the morning!

Craisins and Raisins always taste so good. I like to give them a tad extra flavor by soaking them in Apple Juice. A one-cup Ziploc container of each fruit soaking in apple juice is usually found in my fridge. Sometimes, I use Cranberry Juice. Quite often when baking, I will add them to a recipe.

To Prepare Plumped Craisins/Raisins
Place about ¼ cup dried fruit in 1 Cup Ziploc container. Add Apple Juice to cover dried fruit. Cover and refrigerate for 1 – 2 days. Use within 2 weeks.

Oatmeal is one food where these plumped fruits are added for nutrition and for taste. I will share more, another time.
Do you enjoy raisins/or craisins in oatmeal?

1 comment:

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love dried cherries in my oatmeal. I'm going to put your blog on my favorite list! You have so many wonderful recipes and I need healthy alternatives! Thanks!