Saturday, June 19, 2010
Strawberry Banana Bread, Yum!
The Blueberry Banana Bread is a big hit with my family. Now, Strawberry season is here, but in our freezer there was one last remaining Ziploc Freezer bag containing halved Strawberries. And, lo and behold there were three overripe Bananas waiting!
You guessed it! I substituted the defrosted Strawberries that were cut into ¼’s and into the batter they went. Strawberry Banana Bread sure tastes mighty fine! Do you enjoy the combination of Strawberries and Bananas? Yummy!
Strawberry Banana Bread
Oven: 350ºF Time: 55-60 minutes
Yield: 2 Loaves
2 and 1/2 Cups Flour
1/2 Cup Sugar
1/2 Cup packed Brown Sugar (I used Brownulated.)
1 TBS. Baking Powder, plus
1/2 tsp. Baking Powder
1 tsp. Salt
1/8 teaspoon Cinnamon
1/8 tsp. Nutmeg
3 TBS. Olive Oil (for Sauteeing and Baking)
1/3 Cup Milk (I used Soy Milk.)
2 tsp. Vanilla
3 mashed Bananas
2 cups defrosted Strawberries cut into ¼’s
1. Combine all dry ingredients in large bowl and stir well.
2. Mash Bananas in small bowl. Add cut Strawberries to small bowl.
3. Beat Egg and add with liquid ingredients to Flour mixture.
4. Add in fruits.
5. Stir all until combined.
6. Spray 2 Bread Pans (8 and ½ “ or 9”) with PAM and pour in batter, evenly.
7. Bake 55 – 60 Minutes or until cake tester (toothpick) comes out clean.
8. Place pans on wire rack. Cool in pans 10 minutes.
9. Remove from pans and cool.
10. Enjoy after slicing!
While these breads were baking, the aroma in my kitchen floated out to our Family Room. The combination of Strawberries, Cinnamon, Nutmeg and Bananas smelled so good! Yes, I did say Bananas.
I will surely be baking these again. Tonight, there are a few slices of this scrumptious treat left. The second wrapped bread will not last too long with Father’s Day tomorrow.