It has been a day filled with fun! Tomorrow, we will finish preparing for Irene who will be visiting us in MA on Sunday. Tomorrow, lawn chairs and planters will be stored and drains cleaned. Yes, staple foods have already been purchased and we'll hunker down.
A couple of weeks ago I had baked Yummy Blueberry Muffins. One batch yields 22 muffins. Sometimes, there is enough batter for that one extra muffin. :) These muffins are delicious and also freeze very well, so some were stored in our freezer for another day. Sunday will be that day! Tomorrow the last remaining 6 pack of Yummy Blueberry Muffins will defrosted. WooHoo!
Yummy Blueberry Muffins - printable recipe card
Oven Temperature: 375°F
Time: 26 Minutes
Yield: 22 Muffins
1/2 Cup Butter/Margarine
1 and 1/4 Cups Sugar
1 Whole Egg + 2 Egg Whites
2 Cups Flour
2 teaspoons Baking Powder
1 teaspoon Salt
1/4 teaspoon Cinnamon (optional, but a wonderful addition)
1/2 Cup Milk (can be Soy Milk)
2 - 2 and 1/2 Cups Blueberries (fresh or frozen that have been defrosted)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Place paper liners in muffin tins.
- In large bowl cream butter/margarine with Sugar and beat until light.
- Add Egg + 2 Egg Whites, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add Baking Powder, Salt, Cinnamon and 1/2 of Flour. Beat.
- Add 1/2 of Milk, beat.
- Add remaining Flour, beat.
- Then, add remaining Milk, beat.
- Gently add in Blueberries. Stir in with Spatula or large Spoon.
- Fill muffin cups 3/4 full.
- Bake 26 Minutes or until muffins are lightly browned.
Stay safe this weekend, my Friends!