|The Guest Towels are Ready!|
This treat is enjoyed with our Thanksgiving Day Dinner, enjoyed the next day with Hot Turkey Sandwiches and then enjoyed once again with Turkey a la King that is served over toasted Oatmeal Bread.
There is always enough roasted turkey remaining for that last meal. Turkey a la King is delicious and it's very easy to prepare.
Turkey a la King
Serves 2 - 3 Adults
1/4 Cup Margarine/Butter (I use unsalted.)
1/3 Cup Flour
1 Cup Chicken/Turkey Broth (I use College Inn Light & Fat Free Chicken Broth.)
1 Cup Milk
1 Cup (cooked) Turkey chunks, cut up, more if desired
2 Cups Cooked Carrots &/or Peas combined
- Melt Margarine/Butter in skillet.
- Remove skillet from Medium heat and slowly stir in Flour.
- Return to heat and slowly add in Chicken Broth & Milk while slowly stirring constantly.
- Continue stirring over heat until sauce is thick and bubbly.
- Add Turkey chunks.
- Add in cooked vegetables.
- Stir and heat mixture for 1 - 2 Minutes.
- Serve over toasted Bread.
Maybe there will be a few slices of Cranberry Bread (click on name) to enjoy later for dessert. In New England we do like Cranberry Bread. :) Two of these breads filled with fresh chopped cranberries are on my "to bake" list for tomorrow along with Butternut Squash Custard Pie (click on name).
Enjoy the holiday with your family & friends. We have much to be thankful for and it is always good to appreciate what we have.
Have a Wonderful Thanksgiving!!!