Tuesday, January 3, 2012

~Creamy Craisin Oatmeal~

Makings for a yummy hearty breakfast!
It's winter!  It's chilly outside!  It's the perfect time to enjoy a steaming bowl of a hot hearty cereal for breakfast!  Creamy Craisin Oatmeal ranks right up there in the delicious department!  The ingredients are always at hand in my kitchen - old fashioned Oats, Craisins, Milk (I use Soy Milk.), Brown Sugar (to taste), Nutmeg & Cinnamon.

Quaker Old Fashioned Oats and Ocean Spray Craisins are staples in my kitchen - I purchase the large containers at Costco.  O.K., you might ask why such a large quantity of Oats is purchased.  Well, I use those hearty oats often!  The large box of Quaker Oats contains two packages.  When one is opened I repack it in my 5 small Quaker Oat canisters.  Away into the pantry they go! 

This past Saturday AM, Awesome Oatmeal Pancakes (click name for printable recipe) were yummy!  A batch yields many of the light Nutmeg & Cinnamon flavored pancakes.  After the extra pancakes cooled, they were placed in sandwich bags and then Ziploc Freezer Bags, labelled and stored in my freezer to enjoy other mornings.  :)

The AM was cold & windy today - with no snow!  A bowl of Creamy Craisin Oatmeal tasted great!  The preparation was easy following the directions on the oat canister and also adding in the desired amount of Craisins + about 1/8 teaspoon of Nutmeg and of Cinnamon.  

*For a creamy oatmeal, place all ingredients in pot and let sit for 5 - 10 minutes, then prepare.

Do you also like hot cereal on a cold morning?

Enjoy!
Yummy!
          

5 comments:

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

You know I love oatmeal for breakfast but I can't have any sugar. I wonder if the craisins have sugar added to them! I usually put some fresh blueberries on top and a few walnut pieces! Sounds good right now! Stay warm! Hugs! ♥

Rita said...

I eat oatmeal every morning with cinnamon on top; now I have to get me some craisins. I know I would love oatmeal pancakes; thanks for the idea.
Rita

JG said...

~Lavender Dreamer- I like anything containing oats! Fresh Cranberries are tart, so I'd believe that dried cranberries, Craisins, do have sugar added sometime during/in the drying process. Your fresh (not dried) Blueberries must be yummy! The walnuts - I cannot eat.

Rita- Oatmeal Pancakes are delicous, only sound a bit boring. :)

~Judy

Carol @ There's Always Thyme to Cook said...

I love hot cereal on a cold day, but I wouldn't mind it on a warm day either :) Especially with craisins. The pancakes sounds right up my alley. Stay warm, Judy! getting cold here in NY, too!

JG said...

Carol- This weather keeps a changing! :)

~Judy