|Pear-Apple Craisin Crisp - only needs a small scoop of Vanilla Ice Cream!|
Pear-Apple Craisin Crisp! The delicate flavor of baked pear slices combined with baked apple slices. Dried cranberries mingled in with the fruit...and a nutmeg/ cinnamon oat topping. YUM! It sounded delicious and later that evening it sure tasted scrumptious! Pears & Apples are a great combo! Cortland Apples are always my favorite for baking. (That is until the available apples in the grocery stores are a bit soft. Then, I bake using Empire & Granny Smith Apples.)
I located my Craisin Raisin Apple Crisp Recipe - omitted the raisins and substituted 2 Pears for 1 Apple.
Pear- Apple Craisin Crisp
Oven Temperature: 375°F
Time: 45 - 50 Minutes
5- 6 large Apples, peeled & sliced
2 ripened Pears, peeled & sliced
1/4 Cup Craisins
3/4 Cup Brown Sugar
1/2 Cup Flour
1/2 Cup Old Fashioned Oats
3/4 teaspoon Cinnamon
3/4 teaspoon Nutmeg
1/3 Cup + 1 Tablespoon softened Butter or Margarine
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Spray PAM in 8" x 8" glass pan.
- Place peeled/ sliced Apples in pan.
- Mix in peeled/ sliced Pears.
- Sprinkle in Craisins.
- Thoroughly mix remaining ingredients together in small bowl.
- Sprinkle this Topping mixture over Apple & Pear slices.
- Bake 45- 50 Minutes or until Apples/ Pears are tender.
- Serve warm or chilled with a small scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- When cool, cover & refrigerate any leftovers.
You may be curious about the 3rd Pear on the top shelf in my fridge! That remaining fresh Pear was cut into chunks for 2 servings of Spinach Salad with Pears. A great salad at dinner when tomatoes are not in season in the northeast! :)