|Snickerdoodles - The remaining 4 for my photo op!|
Over the years, Snickerdoodles have filled the role of birthday cakes for my sons after they moved out of our area and began their careers. A box delivered to their doors containing homemade cookies is one special yummy gift!
When preparing these cookies, after the small balls of dough are formed, I place them quickly into the Cinnamon/ Sugar Topping mixture rather than roll the dough around and cover the entire ball.
Snickerdoodles printable recipe card
Oven: 400°F Yield: About 3 Dozen Cookies
½ Cup Butter or Margarine, softened
½ Cup Solid Shortening ( I use Crisco.)
1 and ½ Cups Sugar
2 and ¾ Cups Flour
2 tsp. Cream of Tartar
1 tsp. Baking Soda
¼ tsp. Salt
* * * *
Topping: 2 tsp. Sugar + 1 tsp. Cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Using a mixer beat Butter/Margarine, Shortening + Sugar.
- Add Eggs and beat.
- Add Cream of Tartar, Baking Soda, Salt + ½ of the Flour and mix.
- Add in remaining Flour + mix.
- In a small bowl combine Topping Ingredients.
- Shape rounded teaspoonfuls of dough into balls.
- Place ball of dough into Cinnamon/Sugar Mixture.
- Place ball of dough Mixture side up onto ungreased baking sheet, 12 balls/sheet.
- Bake about 9 Minutes, underside of cookie will be lightly browned.
- Remove from baking sheet and cool on rack.
- Store in air tight container.
The triple batch of cookies are g-o-n-e! They were shared 3 ways and were totally enjoyed!