|Apple Breads cooling!|
It's also the time of year when I bake Apple Bread. The aroma of this yummy "quick" golden colored dessert bread just floats from my kitchen as it bakes. The combo of Apples, Cinnamon, Nutmeg & Orange Juice is so good! I use Egg Whites & Olive Oil (for sauteing & baking) as substitutions for Whole Eggs & Vegetable Oil. 2 breads are baked at once. It's tradition - The 2nd bread has always been placed in the freezer - after it is cooled and wrapped in foil. It usually finds its way as a "gift" for a friend.
click for printable recipe card
Oven: 350°F Time: 65 Minutes Makes Two Loaves
4 Cups Flour
2 Cups Sugar
1 & ½ teaspoon Salt
2 teaspoon Baking Powder
1 teaspoon Baking Soda
1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon Nutmeg
2/3 Cup Olive Oil (for baking & sauteing)
2 Cups Orange Juice
4 Egg Whites
2 Cups finely chopped peeled Apples (5- 7 Apples depending on Apple size)
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add Egg Whites (slightly beaten), Orange Juice and Oil and stir.
- Add chopped Apple and stir well.
- Spray PAM into two large loaf pans.
- Pour batter into greased pans.
- Bake at 350°F for 65 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean
when inserted in middle of loaf.
- Cool on wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Remove from pans and continue cooling on wire racks.