|Needs a small scoop of vanilla ice cream!|
One goodie that my fam always enjoys is Craisin/ Raisin Apple Crisp! This baked dessert made with fresh apples has a few Craisins & Raisins sprinkled in & and tastes so good with the oat topping. That topping has Nutmeg & Cinnamon, too! In the produce area of my local grocery store I see a commercially packaged dry mix to make the oat topping. The thought passes through my mind: "How hard is it to make an oat topping?" Not difficult at all! Below is my very easy recipe! Try it, you'll see!
If you've never tasted this yummy dessert- bake one & the aroma from your kitchen will get you hooked! Yum!
Craisin/ Raisin Apple Crisp
Oven Temperature: 375°F
Time: 45 - 50 Minutes
6 - 7 peeled sliced large apples - I use McIntosh, Cortland
&/or Empire apples
3/4 Cup Brown Sugar
1/2 Cup Flour
1/2 Cup Old Fashioned Oats
3/4 teaspoon Cinnamon
3/4 teaspoon Nutmeg
1/3 Cup + 1 Tablespoon softened Butter or Margarine
1/4 Cup Craisins
1/4 Cup Raisins
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Spray PAM in 8" x 8" glass baking pan.
- Rinse apples under cold running water & dry.
- Peel & slice apples.
- Place peeled sliced apples in pan.
- Add Craisins & Raisins and mix in.
- Thoroughly mix remaining ingredients together in small bowl.
- Sprinkle over apples.
- Bake 45- 50 Minutes or until apples are tender.
- Serve warm or chilled with a small scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- When cool, cover & refrigerate any leftovers.