Asparagus is a treat at this time of year & we always enjoy it when it is available. Rice is plain delicious! Add in Plum Tomatoes, Tomato Sauce, browned ground beef & suddenly I was heading to my Spice Rack. While preparing this colorful dish, it smelled so good! The grains of Rice became nestled between pieces of Asparagus & Tomatoes. Before I knew it dinner was ready. Beefy Asparagus tasted so good!
3/4 lb. Ground Beef or Ground Turkey - browned
about 1 and 3/4 cups cooked Rice
6- 7 cooked Asparagus stalks, cut into pieces
(1) can (15- 20 ounces) Plum Tomatoes, drained- cut into quarters.
(1) can (15 ounces) Tomato Sauce
1/4 teaspoon Oregano
1/4 teaspoon Basil
1/8 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- Brown Ground Beef or Ground Turkey. Drain.
- In Dutch Oven or large pot combine all ingredients.
- Heat about 25- 30 minutes, stirring often.
What looked like leftovers in my fridge suddenly became a delicious dinner- served along with a fruit salad! Try it, you'll like it- if you like Asparagus!