with Craisins & Raisins
My fave apple to use here is a crispy Cortland. In the early part of Autumn, I use McIntosh Apples. Once the Cortlands are harvested, I use this type until they are no longer available. Then during the winter months, Empire Apples makes great tasting Apple Crisp!
Today is baking day! The recipe below I've posted before. It's been a family fave for so many years. This dessert tastes so much better when it is baked one day & served the next. It seasons very well with the toasted oat topping.
Apple Crisp with Craisins & Raisins
Oven Temperature: 375°F
Time: 45 - 50 Minutes
6 - 7 peeled sliced large apples (I have Cortland.)
3/4 Cup Brown Sugar
1/2 Cup Flour
1/2 Cup Old Fashioned Oats
3/4 teaspoon Cinnamon
3/4 teaspoon Nutmeg
1/3 Cup + 1 Tablespoon softened Butter or Margarine
1/4 Cup Craisins
1/4 Cup Raisins
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Spray PAM in 8" x 8" (or 9"x 9") glass baking pan/ dish.
- Rinse apples under cold running water & dry.
- Peel & slice apples.
- Place peeled/ sliced apples in pan/ dish.
- Add Craisins & Raisins and mix in.
- Thoroughly mix remaining ingredients together in small bowl.
- Sprinkle over apples.
- Bake 45- 50 Minutes or until apples are tender.
- Serve warm or chilled with a small scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- When cool, cover & refrigerate any leftovers.