|Butternut Squash Bread|
flavored with Cinnamon & Nutmeg
The last 3 Butternuts in the bushel were prepped 2 days ago. 1 Cup was saved out & stored in the fridge for a special bread- Butternut Squash Bread. I was reminded of it whenever I opened the fridge door. Yesterday was the day to bake the bread! It's delicious! Cinnamon & a bit of Nutmeg give it a great flavor. Egg Whites are used rather than Whole Eggs. Quite often I bake 2 breads & place one in the freezer after cooling. At Thanksgiving, we enjoy Butternut Squash Bread rather than Pumpkin Bread!
Butternut Squash Bread
Oven: 350°F Time: 55 Minutes
1 and 1/2 Cups Flour
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1 teaspoon Baking Soda
1 teaspoon Baking Powder
1 teaspoon Cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon Nutmeg
1 Cup Sugar
4 Egg Whites (= total of 2 Whole Eggs)
3/4 Cup Olive Oil for sauteing & baking
1 Cup Butternut Squash, cooked/ mashed/ cooled- defrosted if frozen
- Spray 1 large bread pan with PAM.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine all dry ingredients in large bowl.
- In smaller bowl, beat Egg Whites until frothy.
- Mix in Olive Oil.
- Add mashed Butternut Squash to Egg Whites/Olive Oil & stir.
- Pour liquid mixture into dry ingredients and stir until combined.
- Pour batter into bread pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 55 Minutes or until toothpick/ cake tester comes out clean when inserted in middle of loaf.
- Cool in pan on wire rack for 10 Minutes.
- Then remove from pan & continue cooling.
- Later, place on plate & cut into slices.
Have you baked a Butternut Squash Bread?