|Butternut Squash Breads- cooling!|
I always make 2 breads. I double my recipe. A Butternut Squash Bread is so yummy! Olive Oil for baking and sauteing and Egg Whites make one light tasty bread. With each bite, the flavors of Cinnamon and Nutmeg taste so good.
After they cooled, one was wrapped in foil and placed in the freezer to have on Thanksgiving Day. The other? Oh, it was cut into slices and we enjoyed each bite of the moist slices that week!
Now, you may not want to bake 2 breads for Thanksgiving, so my recipe below is for 1 bread. Double the recipe for 2 breads. If you have never tasted this treat, bake it and sample it. It is that good!
Butternut Squash Bread
Oven Temperature: 350°F Baking Time: 55 Minutes
1 and 1/2 Cups Flour
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1 teaspoon Baking Soda
1 teaspoon Baking Powder
1 teaspoon Cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon Nutmeg
1 Cup Sugar
4 Egg Whites (= total of 2 Whole Eggs)
3/4 Cup Olive Oil for baking & sauteing
1 Cup Butternut Squash, cooked/ mashed/ cooled- defrosted if frozen
- Spray 1 large bread pan with PAM.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine all dry ingredients in large bowl.
- In smaller bowl, beat Egg Whites until frothy.
- Mix in Olive Oil.
- Add mashed Butternut Squash to Egg White/ Olive Oil mixture.
- Pour liquid mixture into dry ingredients. Stir until combined.
- Pour batter into bread pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 55 Minutes, or until cake tester/ toothpick comes out clean when inserted in middle of loaf.
- Cool in pan on wire rack for 10 Minutes.
- Then, remove from pan.
- Continue cooling on wire rack.
- Later, place on a serving dish & cut into slices.