Friday, June 19, 2020

Tortellini Salad

Tortellini Salad
(File Photo)
Like so many of you, my friends, I've been cooking up a storm!  As you can see, I have not had a chance to blog lately.  So, taking a current photo of food is... well... a dream.  I had a little bit of Baking Powder left and this week like magic, I have it.  What a different "new norm"!  I realize you have been finding the same situations at any time during the week.  People are cooking and/ or learning to cook! 

Hopefully, if we all wear our masks and use precautions things will change again to a more comfortable norm. 

One day last week we enjoyed Tortellini Salad as a side dish at dinner.  There was a bag of frozen tri-colored tortellini waiting in the freezer.  Waiting for me to prepare it!  It's one of my favorite pasta salads in the warmer months.  There is something great about biting into a cheese filled Tortellini that's surrounded by Italian Dressing.  The seasonings from the dressing just coat each little Tortellini!  Did I mention it is easy to prepare?  It is!  Very easy!

Sometimes, I add black olives, whole or sliced to this pasta salad.  They are optional.    

Tortellini Salad  

Ingredients:   
(1) 12 ounce bag Frozen Cheese Tortellini- may be lesser quantity
Italian Salad Dressing
Parsley Flakes
Garlic Powder

Method:
  1. Prepare Tortellini following directions on bag. 
  2. Drain, rinse with cold water.  Drain again.
  3. Place in bowl.
  4. Add about 1/2 Cup Italian Salad Dressing, combine.
  5. Add desired amount of Parsley Flakes and Garlic Powder.
  6. Cover and refrigerate overnight or for at least 6 hours.
  7. Before serving, stir.  Add a little more Italian Dressing if needed.
It is that easy!  If you don't have the tortellini in your freezer, remember this recipe to prepare another time in the coming months!

Enjoy!
Yummy!

    No comments: