Thursday, June 16, 2022

Strawberry Freezer Jam

Strawberry Freezer Jam
working its magic and prepping itself!

It's the season of local strawberries!  Nothing beats purchasing one, two or many quarts of these delicious juicy berries when the local crop is ready.  Yesterday, for me, it was many quarts.  No, we were not planning on eating all of them in the next few days.  I had plans!  Well, I have plans for strawberries every year.  Some were prepped for our freezer and 3 quarts were used today to make Strawberry Freezer Jam.  That is also another tradition with me.  Freezer Jam really makes itself while sitting undisturbed on a counter or in my case, our dining room table, for 24 hours.  Then, the Freezer Jams are placed in the freezer.

Strawberries, Sugar, Lemon Juice and Certo (liquid pectin) are the needed ingredients.  Clean freezer containers are needed, also.  So many years ago I made Strawberry Jams by stirring the mixture in a pot on the stove.  Usually, it was a hot day, but the jam was so delicious, it was worth it.  Then, I learned about Freezer Jams.  I really liked the idea, because after reading the directions it looked so easy.  That year I made one batch. It was easy to prep and it tasted so delicious!!  That was over 40 years ago!! 

To make one batch you will need 1 quart of fresh Strawberries!  The local strawberries are so good when prepping Strawberry Freezer Jam.  For more instructions and hints click here to read an older post about Freezer Jam.  It is worth the extra click!  Then, make a batch!

Enjoy!
Yummy!          


No comments: