Tuesday, April 4, 2023

Roasted Asparagus

Roasted Asparagus
(File Photo)

Today, fresh asparagus was purchased in our grocery store to enjoy as a veggie at dinner tonight.  O.K., to be honest enough asparagus was purchased so we could enjoy it again tomorrow night.  It is a great treat to have at dinner.  It's also very easy to prepare.  After cutting off the tough ends from the bottoms of the stalks (about 1"- 1 and 1/2") , the veggie is rinsed in cool water.  Then, the pieces are coated with Olive Oil and herbs and placed on a large cookie sheet to be roasted in the oven.  Now, that is really easy!

Asparagus ready to be roasted!
(File Photo)

When I was growing up Asparagus was a veggie that my family always enjoyed in the Spring.  My mom would boil it, but I prefer to roast it.  I really like the flavor when it is roasted!    

Click here for my complete instructions on preparing Roasted Asparagus.  So delicious!  It is a great veggie to add to your dinner table.

Enjoy!
Yummy!


      

No comments: