Friday, July 1, 2011

Raisin Rice Krispies Bars

The Fourth of July weekend has arrived!!!  Summer is here and it brings carefree days.  Vacation... Staycation... and time to relax and enjoy!  It's the perfect time to make a quick dessert for here or for there- Raisin Rice Krispies Bars!  These yummy treats with raisins have been a fam fave since I first found the basic recipe on the side of a box of that snapping crackling and popping cereal many years ago.  You know how my fam enjoys raisins, so I added 1 cup and always have since!  :)  

I store these bars in my fridge.  Ohh, they usually do not last long!  These scrumptious easy treats are very sticky while making.  For that reason I do a bit of prep work before beginning. 
  • My rose colored Pyrex glass baking dish (about 9"x15") is sprayed lightly with PAM and any extra PAM is wiped with a paper towel.  
  • The required ingredients are measured and "ready to go".
  • After I've finished using my measuring cup, I spread a little PAM or margarine or butter on the bottom with the paper towel.  I use the bottom of the measuring cup to lightly press the mixture in the baking dish.  Nothing will stick. 

Raisin Rice Krispies Bars

Ingredients:
PAM
4 Tablespoons Butter or Margarine
4 Cups Miniature Marshmallows
5 and 1/2 Cups Rice Krispies cereal
1 Cup Raisins

Method:
  1. Spray a glass baking dish (about 9"x15") with PAM.
  2. In a large pot melt 4 Tablespoons Butter or Margarine over Low Heat.  (I use 6 qt. pot.)
  3. Add in 4 Cups Miniature Marshmallows, stirring until melted.
  4. Turn off heat.
  5. Add in 3 Cups Rice Krispies Cereal and stir.
  6. Add in 1 Cup Raisins, stir.
  7. Then, add remaining 2 and 1/2 Cups cereal and stir.
  8. Place mixture (will be sticky) in baking dish and press lightly.  Cover top of baking dish with Glad Wrap and refrigerate for at least an hour.
  9. Cut into bars and place in covered container to store in fridge.
Sometimes we enjoy warming a cold Raisin Rice Krispies Bar (on a small plate) in the microwave for about 10-15 seconds before eating.  Yum!

The rice cereal and the marshmallows were in our grocery cart this week.  Time to take out the large Rose colored Pyrex!

Yummy!
We will Enjoy!

Have a Happy & Safe Fourth of July!!!
  

7 comments:

Carol @ There's Always Thyme to Cook said...

Love rice krispies treats, never thought to add raisins, great idea! Looks so good with the raisins.

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

These look delicious Judy!

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

Hi Judy! Now this is a new twist on rice crispie treats. A little raisins make them healthy!!

Your buttermilk pancakes look devine and I saved the recipe in my recipe folder to give them a try.

Enjoy your 4th!!

xxoo
Becky

Rita said...

Never heard of addig raisins to these, but why not...we love everything with raisins.
Happy Holiday JG.
Rita

Cathy at Wives with Knives said...

This has been a family favorite for years and somehow I've never thought to add raisins to the recipe. I love this idea and will try it next time I make these treats.

Mary Bergfeld said...

The addition of raisins to the ingredients list is really a great idea. These sound delicious and My grandsons will love them. I hope you have a wonderful holiday. Blessings...Mary

JG said...

Carol, Lisa, Becky, Rita, Cathy & Mary- Ever since that first taste with the addition of Raisins, I've never made these treats without them. :)
~Judy