|CranOrange Coffee Cake (cooling)|
Years ago, I used Ocean Spray CranOrange Relish when preparing this tasty dessert. Since I no longer can locate this item in grocery stores, the Whole Berry Sauce combined with 1 and 1/2 teaspoons of Orange Extract works very well.
|Ready for the oven|
CranOrange Coffee Cake printable Recipe Card
Time: Bake 55 Minutes or until cake tester or toothpick comes out clean.
1 Stick (8 Tablespoons) Unsalted Margarine/Butter, softened
1 Cup Granulated Sugar
1 Egg + 2 Egg Whites (or 2 Whole Eggs)
2 Cups Flour
1 teaspoon Baking Powder
1 teaspoon Baking Soda
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1 Cup Fat Free Sour Cream
1 teaspoon Almond Extract
8 ounces Whole Berry Cranberry Sauce Plus
1 and 1/2 teaspoons Orange Extract
OR 1 container CranOrange Relish
- Spray 9" or 10" Bundt Pan or Tube Pan with PAM & flour.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Using mixer, Cream Margarine/Butter with Sugar.
- Add 1 Whole Egg + 2 Egg Whites (or 2 Whole Eggs) and blend well.
- Add dry ingredients alternating with Sour Cream. End with the dry ingredients.
- Add Almond Extract.
- Combine 8 ounces Whole Berry Cranberry Sauce with 1 and 1/2 teaspoons Orange Extract in separate bowl (if using).
- Place 1/2 of batter in Bundt Pan, spread evenly.
- Top with 1/2 of Sauce, spread.
- Carefully add remaining batter, spread.
- Follow with remaining Sauce, spread.
- Bake at 350°F for 55 Minutes or until cake tester or toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack for 5 Minutes.
- Remove cake from pan and cool.
- After cooling, wrap in foil and freeze until needed.
Topping: Blend 3/4 Cup Confectioner's Sugar, 2 Tablespoons Water + 1/2 teaspoon Almond Extract until smooth.
Every year we enjoy this delicious CranOrange Coffee Cake with an Almond Icing! And...a small scoop of vanilla ice cream on the side! The beginning of this week my "to do' list includes baking and freezing our Christmas cake.
Does your family enjoy a special cake during the holidays?