Friday, July 24, 2009

Sauteed Summer Veggies

Yes! The fresh, colorful, nutritious vegetables are now found at our local roadside stands. Last night the chilly rain was falling outside my kitchen window, but inside my warm kitchen the green chunks of zucchini squash smelled so good! I was sauteing them in Olive Oil. This quick and easy side dish is one that we enjoy often when the local zucchini is available.

After washing 3 – 4 small zucchini in cold water, they were cut in slices. Each slice was then cut in half. 2-3 TBS. of Olive Oil were heated in a large skillet over medium heat. While sauteing the veggies, I added a few sprinkles of dehydrated Chopped Parsley, Chopped Onion, Oregano, Sweet Basil and Garlic. Saute until tender. Ahhh!



Sometimes, I add slices of yellow Summer Squash along with sliced Green Pepper Sauteed Combo (click here). This is one of our favorite side dishes!


It tastes so Good!

Yummy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This looks really good. I'm one of those people that just loves veggies steamed, sauteed, and grilled. Yummy!

SmilingSally said...

I like zucchini too.