Thursday, September 23, 2010

Banana Cream of Wheat!

It is official!  It's Autumn!  On some mornings when the weather gets a bit chilly, hot Cream of Wheat cereal makes one very warm, filling, tasty breakfast.  It's quick - takes 2 minutes and 30 seconds to simmer on top of the stove.  It's easy - 2 ingredients - the dry cereal and the Milk.  I use Soy Milk.  No optional Salt for me.  The familiar red box states that this prepared cereal contains Calcium and also Iron.  Now, this is where those brown spotted overripe Bananas sure do come in handy.  O.K., I use three ingredients.  

By following the directions on the Cream of Wheat box while preparing, I also add a sliced Banana to the dry cereal plus milk in the pot before bringing the mixture to a boil and then simmering.  What a delicious taste - I might even murmur that I do like the taste of a Banana, on occasion that is.  :)

Two mornings ago it was a Cream of Wheat AM.  Now, it feels like summer, again.  Ah, New England at its best!   

Do you enjoy hot cereal on cold mornings?          

6 comments:

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Love your scarecrow! And how cereal in the mornings is so comforting! I love to mix fruit in, too! ♥

Cathy said...

Cream of wheat brings back very nice childhood memories. Our weather is up and down here too. One day 50, 80 the next.

Stacey said...

That sounds wonderful! I love Cream of Wheat and bananas. :)

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Nothing beats hot cereal or porridge on a cold winters morning.

Anonymous said...

Oh your little scarecrow looks so sweet! I love the fall. It's my favorite time of year. Cream of wheat is delicious. You will laugh but sometimes my hubby and I have it for dinner when we want to eat light. Now a little fruit in it sounds wonderful. I'm going to try it the next time I make it. I hope you have a great week.

Pam said...

Cream of wheat is good and I will be eating more if that's what it takes to bring back summer! It's chilly here!