Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Time to Heat the Grill...

As we made the left turn into our driveway, the vibrant colors in the cut-out on the right greeted us!  These colorful gorgeous Zinnias grew from seeds that were saved from last year's plants.  There are even more buds ready to burst open.  What a nice welcome!

After breathing in the salty air at the Cape (Cape Cod) for a few days it's great to enjoy our fall weather "back home".  Relaxing at Nauset Beach during the day and dining out in the evening...  Quite often Swordfish was listed on many menus.  However, no longer do I order that tasty fish while dining out.  I know that our local grocery store, The Big Y, carries the "wild caught" fresh Swordfish steaks at this time of year.  So, the first dinner at home this year after our vacation included Grilled Swordfish.  That's a change!  :) 

Now that I'm back into a routine, it's also time for me to remember the daily habit of "enjoying" a Banana every day for the Potassium content.  My blogging buddies know well that I try to hide or even ignore that healthy yellow fruit whenever possible!  :)  However, today's lunch - Yummy Yogurt with a little Peach Freezer Jam drizzled on top, all with a sliced Banana (ripened just right).  Cannot forget the tall glass of O.J.

Whenever I think of Bananas, I remember Dr. Seuss's great book "Green Eggs and Ham"!  I do like that book.  Bananas?  Ummmmm...

Is there a food that you do not particularly enjoy, but eat anyway?

Tonight we used our outdoor grill, again - Grilled Sockeye Salmon!
We enjoyed it!
Yummy!

    

7 comments:

Mary Bergfeld said...

I'm pretty good at ignoring foods I don't enjoy :-). Oysters come to mind and I know they are a favorite of many. I hope you are having a great day. Blessings...Mary

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love your beautiful flowers! Do they reseed every year? And thanks for the links to every recipe you mention! That's a great idea! ♥

Barbara Bakes said...

I should eat more veggies. Your flowers are beautiful. Glad you had a nice trip. I love the beach.

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Sounds delicious - especially the peach freezer jam.

Carol said...

The Zinnia's are beautiful, love them!

It all sounds good, especially the peach jam! YUM!

Happy@Home said...

Your zinnias are a most cheerful sight. I planted 2 pots of them on my patio. The foliage isn't looking too good at the moment, but I am still cutting lots of bouquets.
I envy your visit to Cape Cod. The northeastern states are so beautiful especially in the fall.

Anonymous said...

Oh wow! The flowers are just beautiful! It sounds like you had a nice vacation. I hope you post pictures. I also want to thank you for the links to the recipes. Let's go blue!!!! What a game Saturday :>)