Thursday, September 2, 2010

Blueberry or Oatmeal???

As the saying goes, "Variety is the spice of life."  It's also quite amusing at times.  Unless there is a blizzard, an ice storm or a heat wave (like currently here in New England) my hubby & I take a daily walk.  The exercise is important for health and it's a great way to greet our neighbors as we move along.  There is always time for a friendly, "Hi!"

Baseball caps add protection from the sun, so it is not unusual for us to wear our favs.  However, at first not all of our neighbors realized that we cheer on rival baseball teams.  Yup, it the Red Sox and the Yankees.  It's comical when suddenly an individual will discover this fact.  :)  Unfortunately, my team has had many injuries this season...

This past weekend our sons & families were in for a family visit/neighborhood Get Together.  Saturday AM arrived very quickly with many last minute preparations.  Hearty Pancakes that have been prepared, ready and waiting in our freezer always work so well for quick breakfasts.  Earlier in the week a quart of Fat Free Buttermilk was in my fridge.  A dilemna - which Pancake to make - Blueberry Buttermilk or Oatmeal with Strawberry Topping?  You guessed it -  my hubby enjoys the Blueberry and I am so partial to anything containing oats.  Our son likes both Strawberries & Blueberries.  The last couple of batches of Pancakes this summer I've made Blueberry Buttermilk, so this time Awesome Oatmeal Pancakes with defrosted Strawberry Topping it was.

Much to my surprise, our son added his own touch to his breakfast ...

There always is a canister of Reddi-wip on the top shelf of our fridge.  Just like the ole' days!  :)  This week located next to the Reddi-wip is a new quart of Fat Free Buttermilk!

Does everyone in your family have the same fav Pancake?
Enjoy this Labor Day weekend.
If you are in Earl's path - Be safe!

       

2 comments:

Mary Bergfeld said...

I'll have the blueberry, thank you. As much out of habit than anything else. Both sound delicious. I hope you are having a great day. Blessings...Mary

Carol said...

I love Reddi-whip! Both sound so good, I'd like a little of each :)