|Grilled Chicken Medley|
Ohh, there was one large extra piece of flavored chicken left after I prepared our colorful dinner salads. Sweet! This would become an ingredient in another delicious meal two days later. Chicken Enchiladas! Yum! Once again, most of the ingredients are readily available in our fridge.
Usually when I read recipes for Chicken Enchiladas, the chicken is prepared just before rolling up the tortillas. Using cooked chicken from another delicious meal works so well! Easy! Our Enchiladas had a Peruvian flavor and they were delicious! Yes, the chicken can be cooked just before using, but who always has time?
The recipe I use is adapted from Debbie Donham's recipe for Chicken Enchiladas I on allrecipes.com.
Chicken Enchiladas - adapted from Debbie Donham's recipe
Oven: 350°F Time: 28 Minutes
1 Tablespoon dehydrated Onion
1 Cup Sour Cream (I use Fat Free.)
1 and 3/4 Cups Shredded Taco Cheese
1 Tablespoon dehydrated Parsley
1/2 teaspoon Oregano
1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
1 Tablespoon Chili Powder
6 Flour Tortillas (8 inch)
1 jar Chunky Mild Salsa (about 16 ounces)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray a Baking Dish (about 10" square) with PAM.
- Place about 1/4 Cup Salsa in Baking Dish. Spread.
- Cut cooked Chicken into very small pieces.
- Place Onion, Sour Cream, 1 Cup Taco Cheese, Parsley, Oregano, Black Pepper and Chili Powder in small bowl. Add Chicken pieces. Combine.
- Dividing mixture evenly between the 6 Tortillas, place an amount in center of Tortilla.
- Spread in middle leaving borders.
- Fold over about 1" of tortilla on left and right sides.
- Roll tortilla starting from end nearest you and place in Baking Dish, seam side down.
- Pour remaining Salsa over top, covering ends of Enchiladas. Spread Salsa over top.
- Spread 3/4 Cup Taco Cheese on Enchiladas.
- Bake uncovered in 350°F oven for 28 Minutes.
- Cool 10 Minutes before serving.