It was a November day and cold. Grilled Chicken sounded mighty good to me. I used the original marinade and boneless skinless chicken breast halves rather than a whole cut up chicken. My George Foreman Grill works wonders quickly. That little grill is one handy little aide! This savory grilled chicken was cut into pieces and added to a large salad for dinner. How's that for forgetting the cold weather outdoors? We enjoyed this dinner so much that yesterday, New Year's Day, Grilled Chicken Medley was served for dinner. Yummy!
Grilled Chicken Medley
- adapted from Gourmet Magazine "Peruvian grilled chicken" Sept. 2007 issue printed in the Springfield Republican
In a Ziploc Gallon Freezer Bag combine & mix the following well:
1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
2 teaspoons Cumin
1 teaspoon Paprika
1/2 teaspoon Oregano
1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
1 Tablespoon Olive Oil (for sauteing & baking)
1/3 Cup Soy Sauce
3 Tablespoons Lime Juice
* * * *
3 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast halves
- After preparing marinade, add 3 boneless skinless Chicken Breast halves to the Ziploc Gallon Freezer Bag.
- Place closed Ziploc Bag in/on a dish and refrigerate for 4 - 8 hours.
- Heat grill.
- Remove chicken from bag to drain. Do not save marinade. Then, grill each half chicken breast. (Using my George Foreman Grill, each thick chicken breast required 7 minutes.) **Grilling time depends on size/thickness of chicken.
- After grilling, cool chicken 5 minutes and cut into slices or pieces.
- Serve over a bed of Spinach with Cucumber slices and Cherry Tomatoes. The cooked Ziti with Parsley were in my fridge, so I added them in. :) Top with shredded cheese or Feta Cheese.
- If desired, add a little salad dressing.
Why did I wait so long to try this recipe? It's absolutely delicious!