It has become a tradition for me to bake this scrumptious dessert after making the jam. I'm sure it's due to the fact that not only are the juicy 6 - 7 Peaches in my fridge, but my kitchen counters and stove contain all of the necessary utensils. My rose colored Pyrex container can be located quickly. It's 8" x 8" size is perfect to use. The combination of Peaches and of dried Cranberries is scrumptious in this dessert with an oat topping.
***After washing the Peaches in cold water, the skins of the fruit need to be removed. To remove the skin easily, carefully place each Peach in simmering water for about 35 seconds. Using a slotted spoon, remove each Peach and place on a plate to cool. When the fruit can be comfortably handled, peel and cut fruit into slices. :)
Peachy Craisin Crisp
Oven Temperature: 375° F
Baking Time: About 45 Minutes
6 - 7 sliced Peaches
2/3 Cup Brown Sugar
1/2 Cup Flour
1/2 Cup Old Fashioned Oats
3/4 tsp. Cinnamon
3/4 tsp. Nutmeg
1/3 Cup softened Butter or Margarine
1/4 Cup Craisins (dried cranberries)
- Preheat oven.
- Spray PAM in glass baking dish.
- Place sliced Peaches in baking dish. Sprinkle on Craisins and mix.
- In small bowl combine remaining ingredients thoroughly. Sprinkle over Peaches.
- Bake 45 minutes or until Peaches are tender.
- Serve warm or cold topped with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- After cool, cover and refrigerate any leftovers.