On Saturday I "spied" Zucchini in the produce dept. of our grocery store. Four smaller sized firm veggies were chosen. It didn't take long to decide Grilled Zucchini would be the veggie that evening for dinner. Yum! Grilling Zucchini is easy & it tastes soo goood!
Basil, Oregano & Garlic Powder from my Spice Rack were combined along with Olive Oil for sauteing & baking to coat the Zucchini halves. Then, they were grilled.
An extra Zucchini was grilled, too- it makes a great addition to a cold veggie dinner salad! Cut in small chunks & add in. Yum!
3- 4 small Zucchini
3- 4 Tablespoons Olive Oil for sauteing & baking
1/8 teaspoon Basil
1/8 teaspoon Oregano
less than 1/8 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- Combine Olive Oil, Basil, Oregano & Garlic Powder in baking dish or plastic bag.
- Rinse Zucchini under cool running water & dry.
- Cut 1/2" off each end (blossom end & stem).
- Then, cut each Zucchini in half- blossom end to stem end.
- Place each 1/2 Zucchini in Olive Oil combination.
- Coat each side of vegetable.
- Using tongs, place on heated grill, cut side down.
- Turn over to cook other side.
- Grill until soft- as desired.
- Grilling Time depends on heat of grill & distance from heat. On our grill Zucchini is grilled in 15-17 minutes.