After dining on Roasted Turkey with all of the trimmings on Thanksgiving Day and then Hot Turkey Sandwiches tonight, I always enjoy making this particular Turkey dinner for the third Turkey meal! This past Tuesday was "my pie making day", so, no, I'm not about to roll out more dough for Turkey Pot Pies! Turkey a la King is much easier and quicker to prepare. It's also a delicious entree that even contains the veggies!
Thanksgiving Day was great! We enjoyed dinner, we chatted it up, we read stories and we also had Duplo construction going on. "Gobbles" got exercise, too. Now it's time to c-h-i-l-l!
|Turkey a la King |
served over Toasted Oatmeal Bread
along with an added Bonus- Thanksgiving Stuffing
Turkey a la King
Serves 2 - 3 Adults
1/4 Cup Margarine/Butter (I use unsalted.)
1/3 Cup Flour
1 Cup Chicken/Turkey Broth
(I use College Inn Light & Fat Free Chicken Broth.)
1 Cup Milk
1 Cup Turkey chunks (cooked), cut up, more if desired
2 Cups Cooked Carrots & Peas (or Mixed Vegetables)
* * * *
Sliced Bread, Toasted
- Melt Margarine/Butter in skillet.
- Remove skillet from Medium heat and slowly stir in Flour.
- Return to heat and slowly add in Chicken Broth & Milk while slowly stirring constantly.
- Continue stirring over heat until sauce is thick and bubbly.
- Add cooked Turkey chunks.
- Add in cooked vegetables.
- Stir and heat mixture for 1 - 2 Minutes.
- Serve over toasted Bread.
And yes, there is more Cranberry Sauce!