Every so often - when the weather takes a drastic change with the thermometer reading much lower, I seem to try to cling onto the warmer weather. It was chilly outside and Grilled Chicken Medley was my plan for dinner the next evening. The chicken needs to be placed in a Soy Sauce/ Lime Juice/ Cumin/ Paprika marinade for a few hours before grilling. I use my handy dandy George Foreman Grill.
|Grilled Chicken Medley|
A couple of months ago I saw a recipe in dash - a supplement section to our daily newspaper and saved the recipe to try someday. The recipe was for a Calzone, using a tube of refrigerated pizza dough. My DH & I do enjoy Bertucci's Chicken Calzone, so this was really worth a try! A tube of Pillsbury Classic Pizza Crust located in the Dairy Dept. in my grocery store was purchased.
|Chicken & Ham Calzone|
Chicken & Ham Calzone
inspired by the newspaper supplement dash
Oven: 425°F Baking Time: 18 Minutes
1 tube Refrigerated Pizza Dough - I used Pillsbury Classic Pizza Crust.
about 1/2 cup cooked Chicken, cut in pieces
2 slices Deli Ham, cut in pieces
1/2 Cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
1/2 - 3/4 Cup Ricotta Cheese
1/8 teaspoon Oregano
1/8 teaspoon Sweet Basil
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Line cookie pan with Heavy Duty Aluminum Foil.
- Spray Aluminum Foil with PAM.
- Open tube of pizza dough and place on foil.
- Combine ALL remaining ingredients in bowl.
- Using only half of the pizza dough, place filling on dough. Leave 1" border on edges.
- Fold other half of dough over filling to edges. Roll edges up and press to seal.
- Roll edges again.
- Bake in oven for 18 Minutes. Calzone will be browned and puffy.
- Cool slightly before eating. The cheese is hot.
Sometimes, do you have a small amount of cooked Chicken?