|Where's the photo?!?|
It was a very quick dinner. Those frozen Crabcakes do come in handy! Crabcakes with tartar sauce are always so good on a sesame seed bun. You know the ole' combo- 1 Tablespoon Sweet Relish with about 1/2 teaspoon Mayonnaise & stir. Making the Tartar Sauce was easy, but we also needed a veggie. No, not French Fries. Opening the fridge & looking down to the veggie bin, 2 Zucchini + 1 Summer Squash popped into view! Roasted veggies are always so yummy, so I had my answer. Roast the sliced veggies in the same cookie pan & at the same temperature as the Crabcakes while they were baking! Now that our temps are a lot cooler, heating the oven & kitchen actually feels great! During the HHH summer months I really do not do much baking!
Roasted Zucchini + Summer Squash
2 - 3 servings
1 Summer Squash
or 1 Zucchini + 2 Summer Squash
- Wash veggies under cool running water, dry.
- Cut into 1/2" slices.
- Using a container or Ziploc Bag, combine 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil + 1/8 teaspoon Oregano & 1/8 teaspoon Garlic Powder.
- Add veggie slices to bag & coat.
- Place coated veggies on cookie pan. I placed them surrounding the Crabcakes.
- Roast 20 Minutes at 450°F.