|Ready for the freezer!|
Sunday was that day. After a great time relaxing at the Cape, I was ready to get busy & freeze the Peppers. It is a very easy process.
|Cutting Pepper Slices|
- Rinse Peppers under cool running water. Dry.
- Cut off tops.
- Discard seeds.
- Cut each Pepper in strips.
- Place a handful of Pepper strips in a plastic sandwich bag. (I do not use exact measurements.) I "eyeball" the amount I'd get from 1 whole Pepper for each bag.
- Close the sandwich bag and fold over.
- Carefully, place all sandwich bags in a Ziploc Freezer Bag.
- Seal, label and place in freezer.
During the harsher winter months whenever a Green Pepper is an ingredient in a recipe, I head to my freezer to remove 1 sandwich bag. They are already cleaned & cut into strips/ chunks. So tasty! Well worth the small amount of time to prep them in the summer!
It did not take long to find my kitchen! :)