|Blueberry Oatmeal Pancake|
***After the extra pancakes cool, place each in a sandwich bag. Then, place bagged pancake stacks into a Ziploc Freezer Bag. Into the freezer they go for other mornings!
Just as my DH & I have our individual fave baseball teams (that Red Sox vs. Yankees dilemma) we are partial to specific pancakes. Me - I really like Awesome Oatmeal Pancakes - light, full of fiber, buttermilk, nutmeg & cinnamon. I like anything containing Oats. My DH would much rather dine on Blueberry Buttermilk Pancakes - light, containing blueberries, buttermilk, nutmeg & cinnamon. Yes, just like the photo in my header, only just not a plateful at once.
Earlier this week there was a little compromise going on...Blueberry Oatmeal Pancakes. It was another take on this 2-step Oatmeal Pancake! This AM two frozen pancakes/person were placed on plates and popped into the microwave. An easy quick nutritious breakfast on a chilly busy AM.
***The Oats soften in the Buttermilk overnight. Makes a light pancake! Yummy!
Blueberry Oatmeal Pancakes
2 Cups Old-Fashioned Oats
2 Cups Fat Free/Low Fat Buttermilk
1/4 teaspoon Cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon Nutmeg
1 Cup Fat Free/Low Fat Buttermilk - use the next morning
1/2 Cup Flour
2 Tablespoons Sugar
1 teaspoon Baking Soda
1 teaspoon Baking Powder
1 Egg + 2 Egg Whites, slightly beaten
4 Tablespoons Olive Oil (for sauteing & baking)
And Blueberries - defrosted or fresh
- Combine Oats, Cinnamon & Nutmeg. Add Buttermilk, stir well.
- Cover & refrigerate overnight.
- Next morning - add additional Buttermilk, stir.
- In a separate bowl stir Flour, Sugar, Baking Soda & Baking Powder.
- Add to Oats mixture.
- Add Egg + Egg Whites & Olive Oil.
- Stir all, adding small amount of Buttermilk if needed.
- Pour 1/4 cup portions on heated non-stick griddle.
- Add 10- 12 Blueberries to portion on griddle.
- When brown, flip over and cook other side.