|Turkey a la King|
served over Toasted Oatmeal Bread
Hot Turkey Sandwiches on Friday is set in stone, here. On Saturday there usually are a few pieces remaining. That's when I see Turkey a la King in our future. Mixed vegetables along with chunks of Turkey combined in a creamy white sauce. This is served over toasted Oatmeal Bread. Oh yes, along with Cranberry Sauce. Yum, yum, yum!
When preparing dinner why take the extra step of making or using commercial pie crusts for Turkey Pot Pies??? Toasted bread serves the role so well! Prep Turkey a la King. When it's ready, toast the bread. Easy & no fuss all while tasting absolutely delicious! Try it, you'll like it!
Turkey a la King
Serves 2 - 3 Adults
1/4 Cup Margarine/ Butter (I use unsalted.)
1/3 Cup Flour
1 Cup Chicken/Turkey Broth
(I use College Inn Light & Fat Free Chicken Broth.)
1 Cup Milk
1 Cup Turkey chunks (cooked), cut up, more if desired
2 Cups cooked Carrots & Peas (or Mixed Vegetables)
Sliced Bread, Toasted
- Melt Margarine/ Butter in skillet.
- Remove skillet from Medium heat and slowly stir in Flour.
- Return to heat and slowly add in Chicken Broth & Milk while slowly stirring constantly.
- Continue stirring over heat until sauce is thick and bubbly.
- Add cooked Turkey chunks.
- Add in cooked vegetables.
- Stir and heat mixture for 1 - 2 Minutes.
- Serve over toasted Bread.
***A half portion is also so yummy when served over a baked potato!
Currently, it looks like winter outside! The snowflakes are falling heavily on the day before Thanksgiving! It'll be a different sight looking out my kitchen window as I bake the Thanksgiving pies! Today I have 2 sous chefs! :)
Wishing you, your family & friends a wonderful holiday!