|Gas Grill ready to use!|
84°F! It was Sockeye Salmon time! Grilled "wild caught" Sockeye Salmon is delicious and definitely a fave entree when our weather is warm. This week my grocery store (Big Y) is carrying the fresh fillets. Needless to say a fillet found its place in our fridge. The previously frozen "wild caught" Sockeye Salmon fillets also grill very well.
This entree is one of the first foods that I posted about...and I still grill this delicious seafood the same way. No fancy topping nor sauce is needed to enhance the wonderful taste of a serving of Sockeye Salmon! Often, we read that Salmon is a great source of Omega-3.
Served with a veggie salad and a microwaved "Baked" Potato or a Pasta Salad, this is one tasty dinner!
|Fillet placed in Grilling Container.|
Grilled Sockeye Salmon
Olive Oil for sauteing & baking
***My Grilling Basket is a VERY handy tool. It is sprayed with PAM before placing on the heated grill.
- Heat grill.
- On a large dish pour about 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil for sauteing & baking.
- Sprinkle about 1/8 teaspoon Paprika on the Olive Oil.
- Rinse Salmon Fillet under running cold water.
- Place fillet on Olive Oil/Paprika skin side up.
- Turn fillet over and coat other side with Oil mixture.
- Place fillet on/in grilling basket/container that has been sprayed with PAM.
- Grill on one side and then grill other side.
- Grilling time - A 1 lb. piece requires 5 - 7 Minutes on each side.
Today raindrops are falling, so our grill will not be used. However, this delicious, healthy. colorful seafood will find its place on our dinner table, again, soon!