|Crab Meat Stuffed Fillet of Sole|
Quite a while ago so long ago that my older son would ride in the grocery cart while we were doing our weekly shopping the always cheerful, helpful woman at Food Mart's Seafood Counter would see me every week. One day as I glanced at the Fillet of Sole, she asked if I had ever baked Stuffed Sole. I responded that I had not. She then went on to explain how EASY it was.
She had no name for this recipe - just verbal instructions. Oh, it was worth a try - I was learning how to deal with Fish and if you do not try - you do not learn. I baked the fish using my new recipe that evening. It was delicious - scrumptious! The next week I went back to the Seafood Counter and purchased another 1 lb. of Fillet of Sole. Once again, we dined on Stuffed Fillet of Sole, but I added about 6 oz. of canned Crab Meat into the stuffing... Crab Meat Stuffed Fillet of Sole!
|Out of the Oven... Ready for Dinner|
Crab Meat Stuffed Fillet of Sole
Oven Temperature: 350°F Yield: 3- 4 Servings
Time: 22 Minutes
1 lb. Fillet of Sole- larger fillets to roll
5-6 oz. Crab Meat, cooked
1 Tablespoon Olive Oil for sauteing & baking
1 Carrot, shredded
1 teaspoon Parsley
2 slices bread, crusts removed
1/4 teaspoon Thyme
2 Tablespoons Lime Juice or Lemon Juice
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray baking dish with PAM.
- Add 1 Tablespoon Lime Juice or Lemon Juice to baking dish.
- Shred Carrot.
- Heat 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil in saute pan.
- Saute shredded Carrot.
- Add 1 teaspoon Parsley to pan.
- Remove crust from bread.
- Tear bread slices into small pieces & add to pan.
- Add 1/4 teaspoon Thyme to mixture. Combine.
- Add Crab Meat. Combine.
- Rinse Fillets of Sole under cold running water.
- Place on paper towel covered plate, to drain.
- After placing 1 Fillet of Sole on another plate place spoonful of mixture on one end.
- Starting with filled end, roll fillet.
- Place stuffed fillet in baking dish with "seam side" down.
- Stuff remaining Fillets of Sole.
- Sprinkle 1 Tablespoon Lime Juice or Lemon Juice on top.
- Bake for 22 Minutes in 350°F oven.
Do you stuff + bake Fillet of Sole? So good!